Lines of investigation
The research project works along the following scientific lines:
- Combine the vectors of science, technology and innovation, required in the consolidation of the Spanish science system of the state plan for scientific research 2017-2020 and the Strategic Plan for Europe 2020, through the transdisciplinary and transversal work of the components of the project of research specialists in history, philology, physical studies, chemical studies, restoration, heritage, and museology.
- Guarantee the ability to generate knowledge and analysis of art history as a reflection of the change in current social knowledge with the incorporation of new technologies for the analysis and study of medieval painting.
- Strengthen the scientific and technological R+D+i system through the participation of research and teaching centers such as the Complutense University of Madrid, the Institute of Cultural Heritage of Spain, the Superior School of Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Assets, National Heritage or the Prado National Museum.
- Certify the transparency of scientific and objective knowledge of the history of art, by disseminating current and new methods of studying works of art on a network.
- Provide scientific knowledge and the latest generation in the open for the study of art history, and specific to the history of painting in the Gothic period.
- Respond to the main lines of change and innovation in research activity, especially artistic study throughout history.
- Use scientific methods for the study of late Gothic painting and its dissemination to the scientific community, by favoring scientific, technological and innovative progress in the study of art history.
- Promote collaboration between administrations in the field of R+D+i through initiatives that seek to extend recent and validated experiences within the European Union.
- Rhetoric and intelligentsia
- Visual inventions.
- Visual Image Strategies
- Memory and artistic marketing
- Artist's workshop
- The artistic trade in the House and Courts